Tuesday, 8 May 2012


It's the season for exhibitions and I'm pleased to inform you about a few that I've got coming up- I hope you get to see some of them.

I'm showing at the Society of Portrait Sculptors' annual exhibition in Cork Street in London. I'm really pleased and fortunate to be selected again after winning the Talos award in 2010 for the best work by a non-member newcomer. The show is open for a week, from the 14th -19th May. Opening times vary slightly so follow the link for these:http://www.portrait-sculpture.org/index.php

In August I've been invited to be part of a new and exciting sculpture trail in Doddington Hall and Gardens in Lincolnshire. I've worked with the organiser before and it's already shaping up into an impressive event, hosted at the most unique of venues- a beautiful Elizabethan home completed in 1600 which has hardly been altered since and has never been sold. This link should give you a taster: http://www.doddingtonhall.com/sculpture/

I'm also exhibiting locally this summer. I'll be showing new bronze figures and other works at the Sculpture Lounge Studios as part of the Holmfirth Artweek fringe from 1st-7th July: http://www.holmfirthartweek.org.uk/

I've also just been asked to demonstrate some epic-scale drawing for the Art Market in Holmfirth on 24th june. The website for this event is here: http://www.artmarkets.co.uk/   You can see a time-lapse video of me making a similar huge charcoal work on youtube:http://artistjamiefrost.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/laocoon-drawingm4v.html

These large drawings will form part of an exhibition in October, but I'll let you know about that later. To get regular updates about other things I'm engaged in and to gain an insight into my working practices, check out all the links below.

I think that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment