Tuesday, 5 July 2011

WELL DONE

It's been a weird week- plenty going on and I must get back to updating progress with studio stuff. I've been taking part in a show for Holmfirth Art Week. I'm in a fringe show at the methodist church called 'light without heat'. I sold a painting and immediately bought two beautiful photographs by Chloe Dill. I'd missed them in my look round during the preview, but Rach pointed them out and I was smitten. I might have had them anyway but the sale I had just made it a no-brainer. As I was arranging this with Jules, the exhibition organiser, he explained she couldn't make it to the preview because she was at her high school graduation ball. These are some serious photos for anyone, never mind such a young 'un.

I also demonstrated my clay portraiture at the show and also at the main venue. Perrier award winner and former classmate Daniel Kitson called in after I'd bumped into him in a cafe, and a gentleman spent about half an hour telling me I should make a sculpture of someone like Lady GaGa and then get in touch with her. It's not the first time I've had this kind of advice and it sort of makes sense...

At the Hen's Teeth fringe show in New Mill church (they don't all take place in churches) I bought a small turned oak mallet for Spencer, my three year old son. Here's a video of his very first go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment