Apologies for a belated post (I've had a stinking cold). The sculptures WERE installed in time on the green and we did have a celebration day. All the children and many parents attended. Entertainment and ribbon-cutting services were provided by one of the parents, also an entertainer/magician. We were blessed with excellent weather, if a little chilly, and I'm pleased to say the youngsters seemed to think we'd done their ideas justice. After walking the green and finding all the sculptures we retired to the school for refreshments, kindly provided by Beanie's Bistro at Springfield Mill in Denby Dale and The Daisy Tea House in Mapplewell (lovely fairy cakes)
Now it's done, please take the opportunity to visit Kaye's Millenium Green in Clayton West and see all eight of the sculptures that the children of Kayes First and Nursery School have worked on.
I'd like to take this one last opportunity to thank Roger, Rose, Chris, Ewen, Ruby, Kirsty and all the staff at the school who also made this possible. Last but certainly not least, many thanks to all the children who contributed so enthusiastically.
Wonderful stuff an absolute credit to you and the kids!
ReplyDeleteLooks like some fabulous stuff there Jamie. Missing life drawing a lot, but sadly still broker than a bag of broke things as the saying goes (well at least according to my friend Janice!) Take care and keep up the fab work. See you soon I hope - must check lottery tickets!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes - Mary