Artist Jamie Frost blogging around his work in the studio and his teaching. More info about Jamie can be found at www.jamiefrost.com. If you're interested in learning to make things with Jamie then visit his site and get in touch.
Sunday, 11 March 2012
Sunday morning, 11. am.
Sunday morning- been for a cooked breakfast down the road and I'm now reading '200 years of american sculpture'. I've always felt there was a lot of good sculpture from across the pond. They classify Louise Bourgeois as American, which isn't really how I view her, but I'm discovering lots of great figurative stuff like George Grey Barnard and A. Stirling Calder. The americans also have a great tradition of wood carving, which seems to be a bit in the doldrums over here. Nowt wrong with good craft, but for english woodcarving this seems to impose lots of meaningless rules and too much whimsy for my liking. Have a good weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment