So, I've been asked to make a drawing of someone for their husband as an anniversary gift. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post the result as it was a nude but thankfully it went really well.
The doctor's hand is making good progress. Whilst I'd like to be a commissioning artist in principal, I suspect it wouldn't work out very well as I have a tendency to get drawn in, which is what is happening here.
I'm also doing some 'R&D', making small figurative sculptures to cast into bronze. I make my own wax for the modelling and I'm pleased to announce I think I've discovered the perfect recipe. As ever with these things there's a 'secret ingredient' which I shall forever keep schtum about but you don't really want to know as you can buy perfectly good modelling wax for the same price as it costs me to make it anyway.
J has been in attendance again for her painting. I keep wanting to say "sorry I've made you look like a moustachioed wino with a fifty a day habit, you're a nice-looking lady really", but I suspect this may lead to some misunderstanding and she doesn't seem too worried. It will hopefully work out in the end.
Further to this there are some drawings and painted sketches made during life classes. M is going to come early next week so I can work into the painting I started.
No comments:
Post a Comment